Senior Legal Counsel
• Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating a wide range of oil & gas and other commercial and legal documents;
• Providing advice to senior and operations management with respect to the prevailing laws and regulations;
• Liaising with relevant Indonesian government agencies like MIGAS, BPMIGAS, and Ministry departments, local regulatory authorities, co-ventures and vendors;
• Handling instruction, management and/or coordination of outside counsels, including supervision of litigation and dispute settlement.
• Law degree from a recognized Indonesian university and having master degree from overseas university is preferable;
• Able to professionally and with confidence negotiate, draft, review and conclude contracts in a practical and efficient manner;
• Seven (7) years of experience as a corporate or transactional attorney with at least 3 years representing or employed by companies In the oil & gas industry;
• Familiarity with the customs, standards and development of the oil & gas industry and its regulation in Indonesia;
• In depth knowledge of Indonesian civil, commercial and oil and gas law and regulation and general familiarity with tax. Import / export and land use laws.
The candidate is expected to have:
• Ability to work under pressure and deal with culturally diverse people;
• Ability to travel to within Indonesia and occasionally to other cities in Southeast Asia (about 10 % of time);
• Good oral and written communication skills;
• Ability to respond to operational needs on a timely basis, including outside of normal working hours when necessary;
• Positive attitude towards and proven experience in working with and coordinating teams of diverse professionals.
This Permits Coordinator position will have the primary responsibility to provide strategic and execution plans necessary for obtaining central and local government permits required by PSC to be able to carry out the Exploration and Production (E&P) operation at MIGAS offshore and onshore working areas and to communicate and engaging respective government parties to ensure permits are obtained in a timely manner.
Reporting to the External Affairs Manager and provide assistance to the relevant Offshore Facility Project Development Manager or to Drilling/Seismic Project Manager when necessary In advising the permits applications process in accordance with project schedule to meet the corporate objectives.
• S1 Degree in Engineering.
• Min 5 years experience in oil and gas industry with good network with BPMIGAS, MIGAS, Central Government & Local Government of the PSC areas, Ministry of Forestry, Ministry of Transportation, and other external parties.
• Have experience with acquiring permits and understanding of standard operating procedures for (E&P) operation
• Must be a mature, responsible and trustworthy individual with good initiative’ and judgment.
• Must have ability to handle various tasks simultaneously, organize, prioritize and work efficiently and effectively under deadlines.
• Ability to work collaboratively with other departments as well as external parties is required.
• Possess strong Integrity and relationship building skills
• Excellent verbal and written in Bahasa and English communications skills
• Computer skills are required.
• Ability to work flexible hours and travel to remote areas when necessary
Candidates who fully meet the above requirements are invited to send their applications, together with full resume / curriculum-vitae and a latest photograph to the following address not later than 30 April 2011, please indicate the Position you apply on the Subject of your email or Application letter.
SANYEN OIL & GAS PTE.LTD /
GENTING OIL NATUNA PTE.LTD. / GENTING OIL KASURI PTE.LTD.
Plaza Bapindo, Citibank Tower 16th Floor
JI. Jend. Sudirman Kav. 54- 55, Jakarta 12190
Only short listed candidates will be notified