Research Analyst (Public Sector Management)
Scope of Work
The research analyst will be an integral part of the MPEA cluster, and will also offer support to other country team members as needed. He/she will work with other research and data analysts in the cluster as needed. Specific responsibilities will include:
* Provide data analysis support to the teams working on the IPEA just-in-time and PER work.
* Write substantial sections of reports for the infrastructure, health, education and subnational PERs.
* Work closely with WBOJ senior researchers on macroeconomic and fiscal policy related research.
* Engage with GOI counterparts on technical and policy analysis.
* Monitor budget disbursement/ execution data in support of the Fiscal Policy Office (FPO) in the Ministry of Finance.
The Research Analyst will report to the Senior Economist and Task Team Leader of the MPEA sub cluster and be supervised by the Economist leading the public finance work at the WBOJ.
The position is a coterminous appointment position for a 1-year period. The assignment is expected to start in August 2011 and finish in July 2012. There is a possibility of extension subject to available resources and individual performance.
* Bachelor or Master’s degree in Economics or related discipline
* Preferably 5 years of relevant work experience
* Extensive experience of econometric and statistical analysis techniques and standard statistical software packages, especially STATA.
* Knowledge of Indonesian public finance data. Familiarity with key Indonesian economic series and data sources, especially SUSENAS.
* Ability to interpret and present statistical information.
* Ability to put together clear and crisp presentations.
* Excellent writing skills as exemplified by a writing sample.
* Ability to interact effectively with government, civil society stakeholders, international teams, and work well across organizational boundaries.
* Fluency in English. Fluent Indonesian language skill.
* Pro-active and enthusiastic approach to the work program
* Proven track-record of delivering high-quality analysis in a timely manner.
Closing Date: 09-Jun-2011
Apply to : Lowongan Bank Dunia